Can father get custody of 6 year old daughter

can I take the custody of my daughter or can court grant the custody

Normally the mother is the natural guardian of child till the age of 5 Years under law. There is no bar in law which prevents handing over the legal custody of child irrespective of gender. You can claim custody by mentioning how the child can be benefited if the custody is given to you. The paramount interest of the law in such cases is child's future prospects taking into consideration the social, moral and financial background of the parents.

Yes why not, welfare of the child would be the paramount consideration in considering the custody of child. You can approach the honble court of competent court of jurisdiction according to the place of residence

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Shaniwar Peth, Pune
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore

While granting child custody court considers the paramount interest of the child. It is a logical decision of the court n not emotional. Many factors r considered like generally the court do not disturb the environment in which the child is at present. So it depends upon each case n detailed analysis is required abt what can be done in each specific case

Dear as per guardian and ward act, up to 7 year mother is considered as natural guardian of the child, after that if the child is male then it is easy for the father to get his custody, but in female child's case generally custody goes to the mother, but if the mother is unable to take care of the child due to any reason or the mother is character less having some affair only then father can get the custody.