Will cheque bounce proceedings held against joint account holders?

I have a joint account with my Father and mother I was issued cheque of this account to my customer signed only by me cheque was disowned due to insufficient fund .Will the legal action apply on the other two account holder also or the legal can be taken only on me?

Answers (3)

165 votes

legal action U/s 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act can be taken only against you as the cheque was signed by you alone and not your mother or father. Do not worry as your mother and father are safe and she cannot be prosecuted.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

251 votes

the 1st thing are u have authority to withdrawal amount from that joint account by only your Owen sign. if yes than u r only libel for that offence but if amount withdrawal by sign. of all joint a/c holder than no matter for n.i. act as per various s.c. ruling

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
174 votes

all the legal liability is on you , but I may also be that action against your father and mother. but if transaction is made with you then whole libility of case lies with you . be always carefull before giving cheaqe to anyone.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles