What legal action if cheque drawer restraining to put cheque in bank

A person had given me cheque pf rs 2 lakh as a friendly loan and for that he had taken rs.5000 from me as a processing fees, now he is telling me dont deposit the cheque, it will bounce, now what to do..

Answers (2)

326 votes

Hello, though all facts are not mentioned it appears that you have not received the said friendly loan. So you may issue a legal notice for your amount of respect 5000/- and then if the said cheque is well within limitation then you may deposit the same for further proceeding underNI Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

60 votes

Dear Sir/ Madam,

you can file a police complaint against that person , if you have his proper address and Mobile Number mention the same in police complaint, ask police to call him or issue notice to present at police station,

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles