What legal action if cheque drawer restraining to put cheque in bank

A person had given me cheque pf rs 2 lakh as a friendly loan and for that he had taken rs.5000 from me as a processing fees, now he is telling me dont deposit the cheque, it will bounce, now what to do..

Hello, though all facts are not mentioned it appears that you have not received the said friendly loan. So you may issue a legal notice for your amount of respect 5000/- and then if the said cheque is well within limitation then you may deposit the same for further proceeding underNI Act.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

you can file a police complaint against that person , if you have his proper address and Mobile Number mention the same in police complaint, ask police to call him or issue notice to present at police station,