Remedy as cheque issued by agent bounced & his address is unknown

sir; I completed MBBS. for my PG admission my father gave 20 lakhs to a agent believing he will help me in getting admission in NOV 2015... but nothing such happened ....we pressured him to return June 2017 he gave two 10 lakhs cheques...which bounced now... we have his ADDHAR card address but he is not staying there....when we met local lawyer he said we should have his present address otherwise cheques are waste...which we don't have... plzz tell how to proceed further...thanks for reply

Answers (2)

285 votes

Dear Sir
In cheque boubce case there is sufficient address required to send the summons to Accused.
in you r case you are not having addrees but you have to cnfirm me wheather cheque date is mentioned or not . if mentioned yoy have to present that in account and start legal process. if u not present the cheque with in 3months, the cheque is not valid.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

178 votes

Dear client
First you should file FIR against that for the offense of Cheating sec420 of ipc.
Next you should contact the bank of cheque and take the phone number of that person.
Next drop the cheques in the bank. And then file a complaint in court...
Any help contact me

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles