Remedy as cheque bounced and defaulter changed address

I have given 2.5lacs to a person who is garment shopkeeper and I helped in his bad times now he is not returning my money and also not answering my call.the problem is that he had closed his shop and shifted to another place and I don't have his house address.cheque has bounced two times.please help me what to do to get my money back please

Answers (3)

211 votes

first of all you have to search his address because without the perfect address the registered legal notice and court saman can not be serve him. but no doubt your matter is perfect and this is a suitable case for 138 NI act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

294 votes

file a complaint U/s 138 N.I. Act. initially notice would be issued agsinst the accused in his originalor known adress. If the person is not found in that place then notic could be served through paper publication. But it is better to find out his recent address and get the notice served

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
255 votes

Please read S.200 of CrPc and file a complaint in the court of appropriate jurisdiction. Court will issue summons proclamation and warrant as per merits of the case. OTHER remedy is filling FIR under section 420 of IPC at nearest police station.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear madam/sir, My friend has issued a post dated cheque in Feb 2016 with no date mentioned on it for the money borrowed from me and was told to submi…

Read More

How can getting money from him?my clients cheque always bounce, and he always tell me many reson and not returning my money ?…

Read More

I have got a check from a local bank from a payee. When I presented it to my bank account ( different bank ) it bounced . Insufficient funds . Will m…

Read More

Dear Sir, i have given 1 lakh rupees through account transfer (from my account to his account) to one of the builder but later on our deal was no set …

Read More