Remedy as cheque bounced and defaulter changed address

I have given 2.5lacs to a person who is garment shopkeeper and I helped in his bad times now he is not returning my money and also not answering my call.the problem is that he had closed his shop and shifted to another place and I don't have his house address.cheque has bounced two times.please help me what to do to get my money back please

first of all you have to search his address because without the perfect address the registered legal notice and court saman can not be serve him. but no doubt your matter is perfect and this is a suitable case for 138 NI act.

file a complaint U/s 138 N.I. Act. initially notice would be issued agsinst the accused in his originalor known adress. If the person is not found in that place then notic could be served through paper publication. But it is better to find out his recent address and get the notice served

Shaniwar Peth, Pune

Please read S.200 of CrPc and file a complaint in the court of appropriate jurisdiction. Court will issue summons proclamation and warrant as per merits of the case. OTHER remedy is filling FIR under section 420 of IPC at nearest police station.