Recovery of money. How to proceed ?

I had given ten lakh rupees to my friend for his tuition center. 500000 by rtgs 15000 by deposit in his account 350000 by cash .he did not give my rupees. At last on he gave me a cheq of rs ten lakh with date of 31-3-2017 with written on stamp paper . Chek was bounce on 10th April .how can I get my money back.

Answers (3)

139 votes

Send him a notice under 138, NI Act with immediate effect. If you fail to send him notice within 30 days then you might loose your chance to file criminal case against him.

Prosecuting someone under 138 NI Act is advisable.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

81 votes

Hi, as you wrote the cheque has been dishounered, you have only 30 days to send a legal notice, from the date of cheque dishounered. Without serving a legal notice to drawer you can not file a complaint against him , it's a legal procedure. For detailed discussion you can call me .

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
184 votes

Dear client,
you should send him a legal notice for cheque bounce, such notice must sent within 30 days of cheque dishonour.
Then you can initiate proceeding under ni act against him.
For further information you can call me.


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles