Procedure to take legal action against builder for cheque bounce

Builder didnt gave the possesion of the flat after threatening him with legal action he gave me cheque which got bounce and i send him legal notice and again he gave me fresh cheque that also got dishonoured. I wanted to know that if i take legal action what will be the result and in what time it will take and what will be cost i have to pay till the end of outcome of the case

Answers (3)

78 votes

U definitely get d result in that case ...u file a case in civil court...n simultaneously file d police complain against bulider for fraud u definitely get d relief in please tell d place where r u staying

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

208 votes

Typically in such a case, one must issue a legal notice within 30 days of dishonour of cheque seeking explanation or fresh payment of the dues. If still the debtor does not pay up, one can initiate proceedings. I never make any predictions regarding the time it would take for any proceedings to conclude and I would make no exception here.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
130 votes

you can file a cheque bounce case against the builder in the magistrate court in your jurisdiction as well as a civil suit regarding the possession of flat in civil court. As far as cost is concern it varies. so please hire a lawyer for proper guidance.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles