Procedure to file a case against cheque bounce

I have 5 cheques ,already 2 cheques bounces . Currently he is not responding to calls & messages Shall I put next 3 cheques also in bank proceeding legal Is it possible ? He is not responding to my calls & messages . What should I do ?

Answers (2)

312 votes

If the person whose cheque has bounced it is natural for him to not pick your calls as he is unable to repay or doesn`t want to repay.So, there is no point in calling him. It is important for you to present cheques within the time limit fixed by Bank, and then follow it up by a statutory notice, before filing case..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

280 votes

Dear Sir, madam
I don't know what is your profession whther business or agriculture, employee however ..In banking law's and terms the person giving cheque with knowledge of insufficient fund it's offence.Moreover section 138 of Negotiable instrument act it's punishble offense.If you want to get money from him give proper legal notice .

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles