Loan payment Cheque with a sign and no detail filled being misused

Dear sir/madam I issued a cheque to pay my jewel loan amount without filling the details but only my a sign the cheque was given in a the bank in 2017 April but because of an argument I was threatened that the cheque would be used to defame me stating that I own some money to them. Now I have received a legal notice I do not know what do I. She was friendly with me now she has turned against me. Thank you Lakshmi

Since you have issued a cheque without filling it up, I suggest you to immediately send a notice stating that whatever had happened and how and why in what manner the check was issued in the blank. If you are not replying, the case will be filed against you in a criminal court and you will be charged. I request you to act immediately to defend yourself.

first you have to reply the legal notice. if the cheque is for business contract then it could be contested. but the cheques bearing your original signature then we may contest the case before the court of law. cheque bounce case is serious one and 20 percentage of amount without delay has to be paid.