Loan payment Cheque with a sign and no detail filled being misused

Dear sir/madam I issued a cheque to pay my jewel loan amount without filling the details but only my a sign the cheque was given in a the bank in 2017 April but because of an argument I was threatened that the cheque would be used to defame me stating that I own some money to them. Now I have received a legal notice I do not know what do I. She was friendly with me now she has turned against me. Thank you Lakshmi

Answers (2)

122 votes

Since you have issued a cheque without filling it up, I suggest you to immediately send a notice stating that whatever had happened and how and why in what manner the check was issued in the blank. If you are not replying, the case will be filed against you in a criminal court and you will be charged. I request you to act immediately to defend yourself.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

114 votes

first you have to reply the legal notice. if the cheque is for business contract then it could be contested. but the cheques bearing your original signature then we may contest the case before the court of law. cheque bounce case is serious one and 20 percentage of amount without delay has to be paid.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles