Legal remedy & counter against a cheque bounce case

after the bank cheque bounce what is the next action for maximum days

Answers (5)

61 votes

After the cheque bounce you have send notice to the person who had issued cheque through your Advocate with in 30 days and after he receive notice you have wait for 15 days, if he make payment then ok if not then you can file complaint

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

294 votes

Cheque Bouncing under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act is totally technical offence.
Once the cheque bounces by any remark person has to send Legal Notice within 30 days and has to give 15 days time to return cheque mentioned amount, period which gets calculated after receiving said Legal Notice by other side person and if would fail to return money will have to file a Cheque Bouncing Case within 30 days, is a formula technical period fixed by law.
Delay to file a Case in Court gets consider with satisfactory reason to file the same

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
85 votes

Once the cheque is presented in your bank and same is dishonoured in such circumstance you have to demand the money through an advocate by issuing 138 notice within 30 days from the date of bank memo received. If the cheque amount is not received within 15 days, file complaint within 30 days.


155 votes

give the notice and called upon him to pay within 15 days of the receipt of the notice , failing which you can filed criminal case against him with 30 day, but should be given within 30 days from the day when you came to know about the cheque bounce. you can also file summery suit for recovery of your money along with the interest.

117 votes

Dear client u have to send legal notice through lawyer within 30 days from cheque bounce case. If other party not pay cheque amount after receiving notice u have to file case under sec 138 of n I act against them in court. For any legal help call me

Adv kedar kulkarni


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles