×

quesJudge passed an order against me. What should be my next step?

I had filed a cheques bounce case against a person at karkardooma court in year 2010. This month the order has been passed in favour of the accused. The person had taken a friendly loan of Rs 2.2 lacs out of which Rs 30000/- was repaid by the accused. The loan amount was given by me thru chqs from my A/c. In his C.E. he said that only 15000/- is the balance amount that is to be paid by him to me. I had never dreamt of this adverse order . The judge has given him a clean chit. Plz advise me what are the best options available before me in this case. I would be very grateful to U.

Your facts are not clear. What was the amount that was dishonored? Are you saying that the accused convinced the judge that the total debt owed to you was only Rs. 15,000 and he was directed to pay that amount?

You need to consult a lawyer at the earliest with your entire file and court order to evaluate whether you can file an appeal or not.

As long as it can be established that the accused owed you money, issue cheques in discharge of that debt and that cheque bounced, you have a valid case to file an appeal. 

• ansMy dear Friend as per your query. you have only one option left that to file an appeal under section 482 Crpc before the High Court. otherwise no more remedy available for you.

Advocate Akhil Verma

Delhi High Court, Delhi

• ansIn the circumstances of your case a challenge to the order of acquittal in the form of an appeal/revision will lie, the precise contours of which will be decided only after studying the trial court file

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansYour facts are not clear. What was the amount that was dishonored? Are you saying that the accused convinced the judge that the total debt owed to you was only Rs. 15,000 and he was directed to pay that amount? You need to consult a lawyer at the earliest with your entire file and court order to evaluate whether you can file an appeal or not. As long as it can be established that the accused owed you money, issue cheques in discharge of that debt and that cheque bounced, you have a valid case to file an appeal.

Advocate Dhruv Suri

Barakhamba Road, Delhi

• Send/Reply To Legal Notice For Cheque Bounce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Cheque Bounce Legal Services