Issue of legal notice in absence of address of the drawer of cheque

Hi there, I was issued a cheque dated 10th March 2018 and the same got bounced. I want to take the legal recourse but I don't have address of the drawer of the cheque. Could you please advise me what should I do to go ahead for issuing the notice.

Answers (2)

159 votes

You have not mentioned anything about how you received the cheque. Irrespective of which, I assume that you do not have CURRENT address of the issuer. You can issue a legal demand notice to the person on the address that you have irrespective of whether he has changed his address at a later point in time. If you DO NOT have his address all-together, then you need to take unethical means to find his address (such as following him, tracking his whereabouts, trying to collect data from bank and workplace unofficially) and then issue the notice. You may get in touch if you are in need my services.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

92 votes

A legal notice u/s 138 of NIA shall be sent. The person has not mentioned about the jurisdiction. The address is important to send notice. Criminal liability is important. Nothing is impossible. To issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles