How to get out of cheque bounce case

23-Jul-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
Case is on me but amount was taken by my husband... Cheques are signed by me under huge pressure that my son n mother will b killed by my husband. Mediation was signed by me and husband bt lawyer informed about amount of settlement much later... I kept quiet coz i was pressurised to keep silent... I hv date on25 july for bail my husband is not supporting me for bail amount whatever i had was looted by my husband much earlier my mom is a widow she too lost her fds n jwellery to him. M stuck now what if judge puts me behind bars... kindly help i have nowhere to go
Answers (5)

Answer #1
631 votes
You need not panic. You should seek legal assistance from a good lawyer as soon as possible. For more information please feel free to have a word with me. I shall be more than happy to assist you. All the best.

Answer #2
871 votes
There arelegal technical ways to come out of 138 case but you need to show me complaint filed against you. You also need to show the mediation agreement or settlement before I can let you know the way out. Contact me. I can bring you out of this
Answer #3
965 votes
Dear Mam,
According to the facts narrated by you, that you have signed the cheque and cheque got bounced. if the amount is legally recoerable from you then only are liable to punishment prescribed under section 138 NI act.
Answer #4
821 votes
First of you should engage a lawyer to contest the case and get bail from the concerned court. The concerned court asks you questions regarding the loan amount and all previous circumstances. You should explain all the facts and told the Hon'ble court that you will contest the case.
S.K.Badhwar Advocate.
Answer #5
935 votes
Hi . There are a lot of chances that you will be behind bars. There is a loophole by which you can escape. You should not have signed the cheques. Your husband can take benefit of this wrongdoing. But there is a way of escaping from this problem.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."