How to file a case for cheque bounce if no proof of payment

Cheque issued by person but only signed .date and amount is not mentioned and no other proof of the given money. then what to do.can I file the case of cheque bounce

Answers (3)

176 votes

Dear sir/madam
Fill the amount & date in the cheque after that You present ur cheque in your Bank .after bouncing you send a notice of demand of money to that person at his right address. After that u can file a suit If he ignore your notice. Thanks

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

329 votes

It's sufficient to file case. .

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
256 votes

Yes you can file the case before the appropriate court .
There are judgements and provisions in Negotiable Instrument Act which draws a presumption in favour of holder of cheque that it was given for discharge of liability.
If the signature are original and genuine than you have more chance to win the cimplant .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles