How to complain against stopping cheque payment

In Cheque Bounce Law
sir i am from ambala i purchase a washing machine from ambala through cheque but supplier supply me a damage pc and after many request he issue me a cheque and i asked him to take back machine after clear check he stoped cheque payment what action i can take.

Answers (5)

80 votes

Get him a legal notice sent immediately as chew u bounce case has a time limit.
Approach a lawyer and he will help you out.
May be your money gets recovered only by the way of legal notice.
If not , then file a case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

61 votes

You can file a complaint before district consumer dispute redressal forum, write whole insident and ask for relief what you want on a simple paper attach bills receipt cheque stop memo any other relevant documents and you have to deposit a fee of 100 rupees

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
38 years Experience
244 votes

Dear Client,
You have file case under section 138 of the N.I. act. But you have to give 30 Days notice to him before filing case under section 138 of N.I Act. You have to file case withing 45 says of cheque bounce.

271 votes

I have to take legal advise from your local advocate.he will send legal notice within 30 day of receiving of the bank memo giving him 15 days time to pay the amount.afte4 15 days are over your advocate will file the complaint

87 votes

hi, stopping cheque or directing the bank to stop payment after the cheque has been issued attracts the provisions of Section 138 of NI act and a complaint can be filed against the dealer in the court for dishonour of cheque.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles