Continue to LawRato.com with Google


How can we recover our money from the builder

We booked a Villa worth 85 lacs in Hyderabad.. We paid 15 lacs and had sale agreement but not registered.. The Builder did not give documents pertaining to loan for Bank.. We wanted to withdrew.. But Builder ignored our calls and finally after 2 years he gave us post dated cheques. The cheques were deposited by father in law on my behalf in Hyderabad as we moved out of country.. But all cheques were bounced.. The returned cheques were again deposited but had bounced one more time. The builder is ignoring our calls.. My bank account is in Bangalore. The builders cheques were deposited in Hyderabad branch which were bounced.. We filed an online consumer case.. We want to file a cheating case but the lawyer says we need to file a case from Bangalore.. We also came to know that we need to give notice before filing the case.. Can the notice be given from Htderabad.. As we are out of country how can we deal with this.. Being abroad can we file a case.. If so please guide me..

Answers (3)

first of all i want to know is whether sale agreement is obtained on 100 rs bond paper and what is the period which has been mentioned in it.
whether the cheques are in your name or in the name of your father in law

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can Authorisation to any one of your family member to issue legal Noice to the builder. If the problem is not solved, your authorised person can file a case against builder through a lawyer in Hyderabad

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

Dear Sir, as per my knowledge, you have already appointed a lawyer who is going to help you in the litigation and moreover this is of cheating and cheque bounce case and can be filed where the cheque has been presented and after presenting the cheque in bank it it is dishonored then within fifteen days of dishonor the notice has to be given to the builder and then within 15 days the builder has to pay. The payee has to sent the notice to the drawer within 30 days from the date of receiving “Cheque Return Memo” from the bank. The notice should mention that the cheque amount has to be paid to the payee within 15 days from the date of receipt of the notice by the drawer. If the cheque issuer fails to make a payment Otherwise, the payee may proceed to file a complaint in the court of the jurisdictional magistrate within one month from the date of expiry of 15 days prescribed in the notice.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2500
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

i had given Rs XX to an industrialist for a security with undated cheque for the same amount. I came to know that after demonitisation he has closed a…

Read More

I received a cheque from house owner who stays in bangalore. The cheque is submitted in hyderabad and got bounced. The cheque is worth around 4800/-. …

Read More

once bailable warrant is issued by court. Can the B/W is to be send through 1) R. P.A.D by the complainant 2) police authority simultaneously..…

Read More

An advisory firm had taken undated cheque at the time of joining.and put me in a illegal dept. Which I got know later.and sebi has also banned them fo…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue