How can I settle a cheque bounce case if I have no money?

22-Jan-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
Hello sir because of my health i am not able to pay my loans and credit card payment from one year now bajaj finance has called me from police station and telling to settle the amount but my health is not good i have a kidney shrinkage so i cant work i dont have money to settel what should i do plese help
Answers (2)

Answer #1
680 votes

U can request the bank to grant some time and convince them that you would pay the same on future dates and file a compromise petition to that effect or if u do not have the funds now or in the future also u have move the civil court to declare urself insolvent.

Answer #2
822 votes
They are frighting you, first of all they cannot got to police station because it is civil matter, ask them to go to court for recovery. My advice don't go to the police station. If they put more pressure to you, write a complaint to the commissioner of Police.
Further, you have taken the money and utilized it, you cant escape, you can ask for more time to repay and ask for waiver of interest.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."