Got a loan from a friend he took a cheque which got bounced

02-Apr-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
I got the loan from my known person of 9 Lacs and he took my cheque as a security. he took my signature on a document where he is mentioned that this money given me as a token amount against my property. the agreement time is already expired.he issues 4 cheque of 4 different people on different dates. now he is giving threatened me that he will file the case against me for 420 or I have to sell my property to him. I ready to pay his money but I need at least 6 months for it.
Answers (4)

Answer #1
976 votes
The description, the facts are a bit unclear. The first part is clear and well understood but the part where you mention about 4 cheques of 4 different people you went out of the context. Your case is very good and clear if you take the steps prior to him, if he initiates the criminal action he will get the undue advantage
Answer #2
761 votes
WHAT is that document , the legal validity of that document has to be signed. He can file a complaint against you under section 138 and yes 6 months is a lot of time to pay back, you can easily buy that period to return the money. Let me know if you need further assistance
Answer #3
620 votes
do one thing unless or until he will file a case before filing you can a file one compate against him in police station because i know he will file a case against you if you compate against him first so it will give us benefit and weet me i will explain you what can we do against him.
Answer #4
989 votes
No need to worry!!! Even if he files the case you can share your intent of paying the loan in the court. The court will direct you to mediation center or grant you time. Only you have to take bail on first date n may have to give undertaking for your intent. Feel free to contact me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."