Clarification on jurisdiction for filing complain in cheque bounce

Actually one person from Bangalore must give us 4,00,000 rupees he given cheque and it is bounced in kurnool we are also from kurnool and where we need to file a case.can we file in kurnool PS

As per the amended NIAct 2015 the territorial jurisdiction comes where the cheque is presented bank situated or where the cheque issued bank is situated,both these places may have jurisdiction for filing case.

You haven't stated to which bank and branch it belongs to..we need to know because to which jurisdiction the case belongs to .It cannot be filed in police station!! It can be filed ias complaint in the court directly under 138 of NI ACT.
Further quires contact personally.
Thank you.

Hello Sir,

First of all you need to send legal notice within 30 days from the date of receipt of memo from the Bank stating that the cheque was bounced due to insufficeint of funds or etc., reason. Coming to filing of case, you can file a complaint before the concerned Magistrate either in Kurnool where you presented the cheque for payment or where the drawer maintains the account. In your case you can file a complaint before the Magistrate, Kurnool.