Clarification on jurisdiction for filing complain in cheque bounce

Actually one person from Bangalore must give us 4,00,000 rupees he given cheque and it is bounced in kurnool we are also from kurnool and where we need to file a case.can we file in kurnool PS

Answers (3)

191 votes

As per the amended NIAct 2015 the territorial jurisdiction comes where the cheque is presented bank situated or where the cheque issued bank is situated,both these places may have jurisdiction for filing case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

231 votes

You haven't stated to which bank and branch it belongs to..we need to know because to which jurisdiction the case belongs to .It cannot be filed in police station!! It can be filed ias complaint in the court directly under 138 of NI ACT.
Further quires contact personally.
Thank you.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
198 votes

Hello Sir,

First of all you need to send legal notice within 30 days from the date of receipt of memo from the Bank stating that the cheque was bounced due to insufficeint of funds or etc., reason. Coming to filing of case, you can file a complaint before the concerned Magistrate either in Kurnool where you presented the cheque for payment or where the drawer maintains the account. In your case you can file a complaint before the Magistrate, Kurnool.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles