Cheque dishonoured in Mumbai and can the case be filed in Rajasthan.

If a cheque is dishonoured in Mumbai Maharashtra then can I file the case in Rajasthan?

you will have to file a case where you maintain and operate your account. if that is in mumbai and not in rajasthan then you will have to file in Mumbai before magistrate who has jurisdiction over the bank where you main and operate account regularly.

Have you sent a legal notice first for the dishonour of cheque ? The first step after dishonour of cheque is sending a legal notice for the same. Let me know if you have sent the same and if not, I would need the details of the cheque and other things. Thanks!

You can file case either where drawers bank is available or where drawers bank is available. If tranasaction took place in Mumbai then you can file case in Mumbai if cheque is given from mumbai and if cheque is issued and you have account in Rajasthan then you can file case in Rajasthan.