×

Cheque bounce summon in case amount paid by the payer

Hi. I received a summon for my cheque bounce and I need to appear in the court. I have already paid the amount for the bounced cheque and there was no notice which was sent to me or any intimation over call, email or text message to me. So, what should I do in this regard?

You need to appear in court on the date mentioned in summons and get your bail done. Since you have already paid the amount, show the proof of payment to the court and thereafter an appropriate application will be moved for the same.

You should appear before the hon'ble court and state that you have already paid the cheque amount and you should also submit documentry proof of having paid the cheque amount whether it is receiving in cash or through some bank accounts transfer and you should also appear so as to submit that you never received any notice. Without appearing in the matter you will only harm yourself.

You should appear before the court and to intimate the fact of payment of bounced Cheque's amount with proof of payment. the court will appreciate the fact supported with the proof of payment and dropped the proceedings against you.

You should go and appear in this case. If you don't appear then it will not be good for you as contempt proceedings would be initiated against you . Cheque bounce is a serious case under section 138 of negotiable instrument .

If you have got a summon from the court then you have to appear in court either in person or with an advocate as you will need him for the recording of your statement also talk with the other party who had filed a case Against you and if he had no ill intention then by a joint statement the case will be withdrawn otherwise you have to face the music and for that you need a good lawyer