Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Cheque bounce summon in case amount paid by the payer

Hi. I received a summon for my cheque bounce and I need to appear in the court. I have already paid the amount for the bounced cheque and there was no notice which was sent to me or any intimation over call, email or text message to me. So, what should I do in this regard?

Answers (5)

You need to appear in court on the date mentioned in summons and get your bail done. Since you have already paid the amount, show the proof of payment to the court and thereafter an appropriate application will be moved for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You should appear before the hon'ble court and state that you have already paid the cheque amount and you should also submit documentry proof of having paid the cheque amount whether it is receiving in cash or through some bank accounts transfer and you should also appear so as to submit that you never received any notice. Without appearing in the matter you will only harm yourself.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

You should appear before the court and to intimate the fact of payment of bounced Cheque's amount with proof of payment. the court will appreciate the fact supported with the proof of payment and dropped the proceedings against you.

You should go and appear in this case. If you don't appear then it will not be good for you as contempt proceedings would be initiated against you . Cheque bounce is a serious case under section 138 of negotiable instrument .

If you have got a summon from the court then you have to appear in court either in person or with an advocate as you will need him for the recording of your statement also talk with the other party who had filed a case Against you and if he had no ill intention then by a joint statement the case will be withdrawn otherwise you have to face the music and for that you need a good lawyer

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2500
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

Dear sir/Madam My wife has issued blank cheques to one of her friends for security of taking chit.But there was a delay in paying the monthly chit amo…

Read More

I sold a car on affidavit to Mr M. He gave me cheque and the cheque number is also mentioned in affidavit. Cheque got dishonored due to insufficient f…

Read More

I had given a security chq to the party in I m from Gujarat. Now the party has filed a case us 138 in sonipat I HV recd the summons for the first appe…

Read More

I had given Rs.8 lacs to a person on condition that he will return my money on 15/20 day's intimation to him without any documentation but on a fr…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue