Cheque bounce issue due to stop payment by the drawee

We have invested money in kids shoot agency. They promised to refund within time they are refusing lyk we don't have money at present band all. Three months before they given a cheque we have deposited on due date . Bt now we got information from the banker that they stopped your payment . Now how can we recover our money from them. Will this count in cheq bouncing?

Answers (3)

332 votes

you have not mentioned the cheque bounce date anyway First send legal notice through advocate with in one month of cheque bounce. if they do not pay with in 15 days of the notice. you can file complaint under section 138 of N.I Act in court. for further help contact me on my phone.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

321 votes

Taking into consideration the above facts and the query therein.

Yes it amounts to cheque bouncing. Also you need to initiate legal action against them within specific time limit. And send them a legal notice.

Best Regards.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
331 votes


Yes, this is a case of cheque bouncing.

You have send the notice under NI act.

If the accused doesn't pay in prescribed period then you can move to the criminal court for filing complaint under NI act.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles