Cheque bounce and money recovery

15-May-2024 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
I gave a loan of rs 2,80000.the person failed to pay back and i gave. A legal notice to the person.after which settlement was done at 220000 .but the cheque he gave bounced.
Answers (5)

Answer #1
981 votes
file a cheque bounce case , firstly send them legal Notice for cheque bounce , demand to pay the amount within 15 days on the receipt of notice ,if they didn't pay within 15days .file a case in the court,
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
557 votes
If the cheque has got bounced you need to file a cheque bounce case for that you need to send a legal notice with in 15 days from the date of bounce, then have to give 15days time failing to which you can file a case in court within 15 days. This is something generic answer but we can discuss to let you know the details
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
749 votes
well you have not filed the case yet. the cheque was bounced and what remarks of the bank was given in the returning memo. the notice that you served to the person made a default of payment to what amount
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
899 votes
You can file the case against that person, under the cheque bounce offence covered u/s 138 NI act, You can also file recovery suit for your money. Since the cheque bounce case has a limited period limitation, kindly avail the appropriate remedy as soon as possible.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #5
673 votes
Now, give legal notice regarding cheque bounce within 30 days of cheque bounce and then file a case after lapse of 15 days within a month for cheque bounce under Negotiable Instruments Act,1938.
Also file a criminal case regarding criminal breach of trust u/s 406 of IPC
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."