Can I put cheque in bank if I know account is closed

Hi my brother has given money of 2.8 lakhs and has taken cheque don’t know it’s current account r savings but one of my frnds told the issued cheque account is closed .. can still put chèque and file fraud case???

Yes, a case can be filled

the cheque is dishonoured as the amount of money standing to the credit of “that account” was “nil” at the relevant time apart from it being closed. Closure of the account would be an eventuality after the entire amount in the account is withdrawn. It means that there was no amount in the credit of “that account” on the relevant date when the cheque was presented for honouring the same. The expression “the amount of money standing to the credit of that account is insufficient to honour the cheque” is a genus of which the expression “that account being closed” is a specie.

After issuing the cheque drawn on an account maintained, a person, if he closes “that account” apart from the fact that it may amount to another offence, it would certainly be an offence

Hi...yes u can produce the same cheque before the bank and you make it bouncecd and after that you can file a case for cheque bouncing and by that you have a chance of geting money back .
Thank you

Yes it can be presented and after memo from bank regarding status of said cheque, if it returns without honounr then you may file cheque bounce case or cheating and fraud against him. But you should not disclose about knowledge of account close