One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Mumbai - Advocate Prerana R Saraf

Advocate Prerana R Saraf

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.5 | 5+ user ratings
LawRatoPrabhadevi, Dadar (West), Mumbai
LawRato9 years Experience
Practice Areas
Bankruptcy / Insolvency, Breach of Contract, Corporate, Divorce, Documentation, Domestic Violence, High Court, Media and Entertainment, NCLT, Patent, Property, RERA, Startup, Succession Certificate, Trademark & Copyright
Language(s) Spoken: English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada
Advocate Prerana R Saraf has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Prerana provides services in various field of Civil laws, Family law, Property related matters, Documentation and Matrimonial related matters and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Prerana enrolled with the Bar Council of Karnataka in 2015. She is a member of the Karnataka State Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : KAR/758/2015
  • Bombay High Court
  • District Court, Mumbai
  • Family Courts, Mumbai

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Mumbai

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Prerana R Saraf. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Prerana R Saraf

Q: I need a advice regarding Divorce proceedings

Sir/Madam, I am a 30year old married banker, I have married for nearly 2 years. My wife is from a different caste. Ours was a love cum arranged marriage. Issues started cropping up regarding too much financial expectation from me, she started harassing me hitting,biting and hurting me physically as well as mentally. She used to visit my place of work and harass me. Now we have been separated for a month. How can I proceed with divorce , should I send a legal notice first or apply directly for a divorce petition. Please guide me.

Advocate Prerana R Saraf answered
It is best to talk to her and file for a divorce with mutual consent which will take comparatively much lesser time to complete. On the other hand if you file for divorce individually and she contests the divorce, it would take years to resolve. So, I suggest both of you apply for mutual divorce. Please talk to a lawyer if you want to know the procedure in detail. Thank you,Prerana

Q: Can wife claim her share in property through judicial separation

I m a boy of unmarried 28 age.My family consists of 5 members .my father.mother .elder married sister. and younger unmarried sister.can my mother claim her share in my father property without divorce.beacuse my father refusing to give property share to children of his own. How shall we proceed?

Advocate Prerana R Saraf answered
If it is your father’s self acquired property, then he can choose to gift it to anyone he wants, including a person who is not his family member. However, the law would be different and the children and wife would be entitled to a share if the property is an ancestral property. Hence, please clarify if this is your father’s self acquired property or an ancestral property?

Q: NOC requirement for sale of property

Do I need to get an NOC from my children to sell a self acquired property registered in my spouce's name. I am Hindu

Advocate Prerana R Saraf answered
You do not need permission from children to sell a self acquired property. However, since you have registered the property in your spouse's name, your spouse will have to sell the property with you as the consenting witness in the agreement.

Q: Is marriage certificate mandatory to apply divorce

Me and my wife were separated for 5 years. For divorce do I need marriage certificate or marriage invitation and photo. I don't have marriage certificate. Marriage happened in a place different than mine residence. I have DL in residential address. My lawyer seems to be cheating and delaying the petition to be filed. He is asking marriage certificate. So pls let me know is it mandatory to have marriage certificate copy?

Advocate Prerana R Saraf answered
No, marriage certificate is not mandatory. In fact, as per Sec 8 (5) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, not getting a marriage registered does not render it null and void. Hence, the petition for divorce can be filed without a marriage being registered as well.

Q: Procedure to remove name from property deed

Hi, I want to remove ny name from a joint property in bangalore. What’s the process to do the same? Is there a option where the title can be transferred to my husband without me being physically present in the city. How much time will the whole paperwork take and what will be the charges. Which documents will be required by the lawyer?

Advocate Prerana R Saraf answered
You may execute a gift or relinquishment deed for your share of the property in favour of your husband. Stamp duty and registration fees will be applicable. However, if you cannot be physically present for the registration of the fees, you may execute a Power of Attorney in favour of a family member who can then execute the gift deed in your absence.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Prerana R Saraf

Can Advocate Prerana R Saraf represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Prerana R Saraf can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Prerana R Saraf?

When you meet with Advocate Prerana R Saraf for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Prerana R Saraf?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Prerana R Saraf, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Prerana R Saraf?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Prerana R Saraf, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Prerana R Saraf?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Prerana R Saraf regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Prerana R Saraf?

The cost of hiring Advocate Prerana R Saraf can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.