One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Mumbai - Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia

Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoHigh Court Chamber Complex, Mumbai
LawRato15 years Experience
Practice Areas
Court Marriage, Divorce, Documentation, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, Landlord/Tenant, NCLT, Property, RERA, Succession Certificate, Wills / Trusts
Language(s) Spoken: English, Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi
Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia completed her law in the year 2009 and has been providing services in various fields of law, that is, Property, Cheque Bounce, Divorce, Family, Wills / Trusts, Banking / Finance and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Nancy enrolled with the Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa in 2009.

  • Bombay High Court
  • City Civil Court, Mumbai
  • Court of Small Causes, Mumbai

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Mumbai

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia

Q: Husband demands wife to leave job & settle down in village

When i was ill, my husband dropped me to my father's home , told me that i will take you back to home when you feel better. The next day he shifted the room and went to village without informing me and he gave me reason that his parents are not well so he suddenly took that decision. Now he is telling me that i have to leave the job and settle down to village. But i dont want to leave my job . And i dont want to settle down over there. Because there i cant find the job which suitable for my profession. By religion i am Buddhist.

Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia answered
Hi client, whether you are a Sikh or a Buddhist, you will fall under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. The Hindu Marriage Act ,1955 defines the legal status of Jains, Buddhists and Sikhs as legal Hindus but not "Hindus by religion". However, under this act, the wife's duty to stay in her husbands home and under one roof is an obligation. You both can decide at one place and come out with a solution for your profession and working. Your husband can file a divorce case under dessertion if you stay away from your husband for a longer time. It will amount to a violation of legal duty. This provides for an immediate remedy where either of the spouses falters in his or her obligation to provide the society and sustenance to the other. Indeed, the obligation to live, together under a common roof is inherent in the concept of a Hindu marriage, and, to mind, it cannot be torn as under unilaterally by the desire of the wife to live separately and away from the matrimonial home merely for the reason of either securing or holding a job elsewhere. If you have a child born out of your wedlock, your husband cannot get exemption for not maintaining you and children. This legal obligation on the part of the wife is not without its co-related right. The husband in Hindu Law is obliged to maintain his wife during her life-time and equally is under heavy obligations to sustain the minor children from the wedlock, the unmarried daughters till their marriage.

Q: Municipal corporation has reservation over land want to sell it

HI, I have a plot of land in pcmc moshi area. The land plot is showing under reservation for development purposes by the municiapl corporation. I want to sell it but I cant find suitable price. How can I go about this?

Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia answered
Hi client, you need to contact the Municipal Corporation for same and find out whether your plot of land area can be sold or not, and as for the price, you need to contact an agent or go online, and register to Magicbricks, 99acres etc fro a better deal.

Q: Transfer of tenancy after the death of parents

Two brothers are living in the same rented premises. Father-mother died. Who will be legally eligible to get the tenancy transferred in his name? Will the other brother be evicted from the house as he is harassing the others?

Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia answered
Hi client, after the death of parents it can be transferred on your or your brothers name based on seniority of age. However, you both have equal rights to stay in your parents home and cannot be thrown out for any reason. The will made by parents can also state who can inherit the property. Also have a look at the agreement made by your parents. Even if they would own the flat in building, they would be obligied to pay rent to the landlord/society anyways which even after their death as you both are legally staying there are bound to. If your parents have made will which states the flat to be transferred on of your names, that doesnot give your brother the right to throw you out of the premises.

Q: Payment asked by upper flat owner to remove leakage in flat

hello sir/ madam I'm living in navi Mumbai I have a leakage problem in my flat from last 6 year. many times I complained to society & owner of above flat about this. now she is ready to do . is it compulsory to pay her 50% for doing that work? please reply asap thanking you

Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia answered
Hi Client, its strange such problems exists and the flat owners where leakage exists are not feeling responsible enough to do anything to it. It is the duty of society to resolve the issue and is bound to ask the upper floor resident / member to co-operative in getting it repaired. Then the society is to give notice to both the members and engage a professional contractor to repair the toilet and recover the cost of the repairs from upper flat owner. However if still no action is taken by the society and the issue is being ignored, you can take up this matter before the Additional Mumbai Suburban District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum by filing a complaint.

Q: Clarification regarding Non creamy layer Certificate

I have given a govt. exam in the year of 2016-17. I don't have a NCL of year 2016- 17, but have year of 2017-20. Can it be permitted at Document Verification process? If not Can I apply now for Non Creamy Layer Certificate of previous year?

Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia answered
Every candidate seeking reservation in central government posts and services as OBC candidate is required to submit a certificate confirming his/her status as OBC and also produce Non-creamy layer status issued by an authority mentioned in DOPT Office Memorandum No.36012/22/93-Est(SCT) dated 15.11.1993. The Non-creamy Layer Certificate would be applicable to OBC candidateswho are covered under Income/Wealth Test criterion. The income limit is decided on the basis of income earned during three previous financial years preceding the yearof appointment. To illustrate, the validity of non-creamy layer certificate issuedduring any month of the financial year 2016-17 covering 3 preceding financial yearsviz. 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 be accepted by the concerned authorities for anyappointments or recruitments which would be valid during the period April 2016 toMarch 2017. The appointing authorities would accept production of self-attestedphoto copy of the Non-creamy layer certificate, subject to verification of the originalNon-creamy layer certificate, as is the practice being followed for verification of otheroriginal documents.the form pattern for page 1 is as under:1. Name of the Applicant2. Date of Birth of applicant3. i) Caste/Communityii) Sub-Caste/Community (if any)iii) Entry No. in Central List *iv) Resolution No. of Central List *4. Religion5. Addressa) Present Addressb) Permanent Address6. Name of Father7. Date of Birth of Father8. PAN No. of Father (if any)9. Name of Mother10. Date of Birth of Mother11. PAN No. of Mother (if any)the rest pages of the form can be downloaded from the website of government

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia

Can Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia?

When you meet with Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia?

The cost of hiring Advocate Nancy Tavaria Siodia can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.