One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Mumbai - Advocate Chintan Thakker

Advocate Chintan Thakker

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRato 3.0 | 5+ user ratings
LawRatoAndheri East, Mumbai
LawRato9 years Experience
Practice Areas
Bankruptcy / Insolvency, Breach of Contract, Corporate, Documentation, High Court, Landlord/Tenant, Media and Entertainment, NCLT, Property, RERA, Succession Certificate, Wills / Trusts
Language(s) Spoken: English, Gujarati, Hindi
Advocate Chintan Thakker has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Chintan has been involved in drafting of Documents for various Transactions related to Movable & Immovable Properties as well as Registration of such Documents, drafting Articles, Memorandums, Deeds, Agreements & other Documents for Incorporation/ Registration of Entities, drafting Correspondences and Communications for Litigation as well as Non-Litigation Purposes, drafting of Pleadings as well as Appearing/Pleading in Courts of Law, Tribunals, Forums and Authorities.

He has also been involved in Advising, Consulting and Providing Opinion on Legal Issues and Queries where he provided assistance and advised in Alternate methods of Dispute Resolution. He has also been involved in Negotiating and Vetting Contracts and other Arrangements in form of Agreements, drafting of Gift Deeds, Release Deeds, Conveyance Deeds, Agreement For Sale, Leave & License, Lease Deeds, Development Agreements, Memorandum Of Understanding, Consultancy Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Scheme For Merger Of Co-Op Hsg. Society and other Documents as well, drafting Trust Deeds, Partnership Deeds, Deed for Admission of Partners and Other for Incorporation/Registration of Entities, drafting Notices, Letters, Plaints, Complaints, Written Statements, Applications, Written Say on Admissibility, Written Arguments, Draft Issues, Consent Terms and Other for Litigation.

He has also appeared before the Courts as a Junior after being Enrolled as an Advocate by the Bar Council Of Maharashtra and Goa.

Advocate Chintan enrolled with the Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa in 2015.

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Mumbai

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Chintan Thakker. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Chintan Thakker

Q: Landlord not returning my security deposit

I stay in Mumbai and rented a home in November 2014 valid up to August 31. We were four in the flat and all of us have paid the security deposit of 20k each. Except me others transferred online while I paid by cash as I didn't have internet banking active at that time. We vacated the flat in August 2015, the landlord says, since I don't have a proof, she'll not return my security deposit. It is clearly written in the receipt of agreement with signature of her. I was waiting if she would change her mind. But she says do whatever you want and I'll not return. Help on how to proceed.

Advocate Chintan Thakker answered
If receipt acknowledging the returnable deposit is annexed by her in the agreement itself, she is bound to return it, you'll have to send a notice demanding the return of deposit to her and in the worst case you also might have to proceed against her through a Suit for such recovery. Kindly clarify and provide more details for a better answer. However, its subject to the contents of the receipt annexed to the agreement.

Q: Power of attorney can be given to son by father in civil suit

<p>My father / Plaintiff in Civil suit running in Taluka court. Issues were ready and plaintiff / father has submitted the affidavit of final declaration of our plaint. But later third party came and court allowed to add as defendant. So we did that too. Now my father is senior citizen (78 yrs old and sometimes they don&#39;t remember what had happened before) , hence they want to give me a power of attorney of case. I know each n every evidence and the whole case. so plaintiff/father can give me POA for further proceeding to present before the court on behalf of them and handle everything.</p>

Advocate Chintan Thakker answered
Ofcourse if the Son has a personal knowledge and there is sufficient reason for the father preventing him from attending the Court Proceedings then in such a case he can execute a POA in favour of his Son to attend the matters and deal with it according to the Conditions mentioned in such POA. Though the Court should be provided with a copy for the attorney to act in place of the person.

Q: Builder asking for full payment for flat registration

<p>I have booked two BHK flat on Pune suburb (Undri- Pisoli) in August 2012 with completion by Dec. 13. As I want to resell after completion, I have not done registration. Till date I have done almost 90% of flat payment. Still work like fixing of one lift, STP, etc is balance. Some families started leaving from Nov 15. Now due to some personal reasons I wanted to do the registration &amp; agreement. When I asked for the required documents, registration charges builder refused to give till the payment of balance payment. Is builder can do such thing? What should I do? Please Help..</p>

Advocate Chintan Thakker answered
After 90% of payment as you say have been done the builder/promoter has become bound by the MOFA to get the document registered and provide a payment schedule for the balance payment. You can Approach him through an Advocate Notice and if he refuses then you can also approach the consumer forum with a complaint against the builder.

Q: whether notarized MOU considered valid

Hi, Myself have booked land of 1000sq ft in Roha. And have paid 51000/- (total cost 6lacks). I have to pay 2lacks in next month & balance monthwise for next 2 years. Company going to give me notarized MOU after paying 2lacks. Is notarized MOU considered legally. Please guide.

Advocate Chintan Thakker answered
The property as you say is of 6 lakhs and you're going to pay 2.51 lakhs (more than 40%) then why can't the company provide you with an registered agreement. MoU is just an Understanding brought into writing where a complex transaction has to be dealt. In a Simple transaction where A is selling and B is buying a plot of land by part payment of money/cost, what's so complicated to enter into an MoU?. A simple Sale Deed with Payment schedule would suffice. At the most what I can say is beware!!!

Q: Maintenance amount decided increased yearly what legal remedy

<p>Hello, We have apartment condominium. The formal working committee is not chosen through voting as some of the active members of society handle the work. We have total 200 flats, 160 are 2bhk (850 to 1000 sqft) &amp; 40 are 1bhk (620 to 690 sqft). We had taken possession in 2013. Builder managed maintenance till 2014. From 2015, we started collecting maintenance of Rs. 1250 for 1bhk &amp; 1500 for 2bhk. But for 2016, 1bhk maintenance was raised to Rs. 1700 &amp; maintenance raised to Rs. 1800. This decision was taken in meeting that was dominated by 2bhk members due to their higher head count. Need help.</p>

Advocate Chintan Thakker answered
Why can't the society charge maintenance according to sq.ft. in use by each member? Don't you think that it would be the best way to be fair to all? Try proposing this in a meeting and see what they all decide. Then you'll be able to oppose it as well.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Chintan Thakker

Can Advocate Chintan Thakker represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Chintan Thakker can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Chintan Thakker?

When you meet with Advocate Chintan Thakker for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Chintan Thakker?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Chintan Thakker, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Chintan Thakker?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Chintan Thakker, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Chintan Thakker?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Chintan Thakker regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Chintan Thakker?

The cost of hiring Advocate Chintan Thakker can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.