quesCan sister's interfere in trust made by father. They are not members.

My father formed a Trust with him as chairman and founder managing trustee (both him & his wife) with 11 members including them. He died in Sept 2008. His wife became the next managing trustee and I became Jt signatory & managing trustee. Since then my sisters(3) have been opposing the trust as they are not members of the trust.

They imposed a supplementary trust on the Trust accounts , due to which I being managing trustee had to freeze the accounts from misuse.

Now the other chairman is also deceased in Nov 2014. 4 Members out of 11 trustees have died. I wish to revive the accounts.


  • ans

    You will first have to clarify the contents of the supplementary trust deed and also the nature of the trust.

    In general a supplementary trust cannot in law cannot bind the Principal trust if executed by a third party.

    Thus in your case to know the contents of both the deeds, the nature of the trust and the state in which the trust property is of great significance.

    To simplify things further, with a view to safeguard your interest, consult a lawyer having expertise in trust law. 

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir my self tuntun kumar ndwant change my new name rajeev soni on wole docoment…
Sir, My Grandfather have One house in chennai, and legalheirs will be my mother and…
What is stamp duty on trust deed registration on agriculture land in basti for opening…
Is registration of a Will necessary?

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly