Can claim share in the 2nd property if already given property by Will?
My grandfather had 2 properties. My father had in total of 7 cousins. 8 children in total. For 1 of the property my grandfather left a registered Will in which he gave the property to 3 children including my father in it. Now regarding the 2nd property there is no Will that we know of and one of our uncle is in possession of the same and saying that the property belongs to him.
I wanted to know if my father can claim share in the 2nd property or not, on the fact that he has already be given property through Will. And how can we get the property given to us by Will?
With regard to first property wherein your grandfather has left a Will, you should apply for probate.
Once you file a probate petition , court will issue notice to all legal heirs. Now, if there is no objection , the probate will be granted within 1year. However, if there is an objection then it might take a little longer time and approximately 2-4 years.
In case of your second property, if there is no Will, then the property will devolve upon all legal heir equally. Further, you can file suit for partition thereby demanding your share.
We suggest you to consult a local lawyer, who can advise you better after examining your documents.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want to marry a boy of different cast. Parents threatening to kill me.
- Father refusing to take share in ancestral property. How to claim my?
- How can i get income information of my husband and father in law?
- Younger brother bought property. Do i have any claim in his property?
- 494 applicablity in the light of gathered evidence, by the police