Can a gift deed be treated as will if person dies?
If the person who is gifting the property dies before the other person accepts it, can we treat that document as a Will?
If the donee dies before acceptance, the gift is void.
A transaction of gift in order to be complete must be accepted by the donee during the lifetime of the donor.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Procedure to withdraw a 498A case
- Ancestral property as gift deed, out of court setlement
- Validity of will if benificiaries dies before Testator
- Harrasment /Sexual abuse by collegue and his family
- Borrowed money with interest not able to pay back what can I do