Can a gift deed be treated as will if person dies?
If the person who is gifting the property dies before the other person accepts it, can we treat that document as a Will?
If the donee dies before acceptance, the gift is void.
A transaction of gift in order to be complete must be accepted by the donee during the lifetime of the donor.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- While working for govt. can i be partner in pvt. co.?
- Hindu Muslim Marriage.
- Polygraph test. Is it valid if ordered by the court?
- Uncle made a forged Will. How can my mother take equal share?
- Broke marriage after engagement girl family threatening to file case