quesHow can i obtain my documents from govt. office other than RTI?

Few years back my property was sealed by the government. Now i am trying to obtain my file from the government office to file a case against them and they are denying me the file. I also filed an RTI before but there was no response to that. Is there any other way to obtain documents from the government than RTI?

• ansYou should first of all write a application  to the government or department therein requesting you to furnish the sealing order.

If they fail to provide the same, then you can file a Writ Petition before the High Court thereby challenging the sealing of the premises and requesting for desealing.

With respect to RTI, if the department does not reply within thirty days, then you have the right to file an appeal within the same public authority within 30 days.

Every public authority has appointed an officer senior in rank to the PIO as the Appellate Authority.

• ansYou should first of all write a application to the government or department therein requesting you to furnish the sealing order.
    With respect to RTI, if the department does not reply within thirty days, then You have the right to file an appeal within the same public authority within 30 days. Every public authority has appointed an officer senior in rank to the PIO as the Appellate Authority.