quesWho will be legal guardian of my differently able counsin

I take care of two of my elder cousin brothers who are differently able and have no parents. I am the sole bread winner for my family. I want to sell a apartment which was in my aunt's name (mother of these two brothers). How to proceed please advise.

  • ansThe first question is whether the coursins are minor ? Assuming, they are not. The question is why do u want to sell their property, let them sell in their names and you enjoy the benefit. They can sell the property belonging to their mother by producing proof that they are the only legal heirs entitled to the same to avoid future litigation, you remain out of deal. However, if you are keenly interested you can file a suit for declaration.

    Advocate Mazher Khan

      Ghasi Bazar, Hyderabad

  • ansRespected Madam
    In the instance , why you want sell the apartment , if you want to use that money to take care of your two elder cousin brothers (differently able ) then you can sell the same through court order.

    Advocate Krishna Murthy Pasupula

      Hasmathpet Bowenpally, Hyderabad

  • ansHI
    If your cousin brothers are in good medical (mentally cognitive ) health then only they can sell the property in their mother's name.
    in the event of they being mentally challenged, then you need to approach the district court to take permission to sell your aunt's property.
    physical disability is not a bar for your cousin's to execute a sale deed. but mental disability is a barrier and you will need court permission to sell their properties. Courts will grant permission subject to they being assured that the sale proceeds will be retained as deposit in the name of the cousin(s) and interest there of is being used to provide for the well being of the cousin's

    Advocate Rajagopalan

      Banjara Hills, Hyderabad

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My uncle has sold my grandfather's property without my knowledge. When I asked my Uncle…
I am Hindu, NRI, permanently returned to India for good 3 years back, have 2…

1) Adjacent to my house, has been vacant Govt.land (around 100sq yds) that I enclosed…

I'm a Muslim.who reside in Kollam Dist ,kerala who made a construction of 3 storey…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly