Want to know about the legal heir of father's property
I have an issue related to my fathers property.We are only three sisters no brother.In which my two sisters are married but i am still unmarried. So who will be the legal heir of my father's property after him?
All three of you will have equal right in your fathers property as per the 2005 Amendment in the Hindu Succession Act. However, if the property is self-acquired property of your father, he can choose to dispose it off in a will according to his wishes.
Advocate Mishika SinghLajpat Nagar 1, Delhi
Madam, in case your father's property is self acquired and he leaves a will the property will be dealt with as provided in the will but if he does not leave a will then the property will devolve on all the legal heirs equally
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
All three sisters are equally entitled to the share in the property. If mother is alive after your father's death them she also will get a share in property.
For example is the property is worth 100 rupees and your are just the sister each sister will 33.33 but if you have a mother also each one gets 25 rupees each
All this is possible if your possible dies without making a will in favor of any one.
Advocate Sonia SainiDwarka, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Tenant is not vacating the house and we plan to sell the house
- Company kept delaying my offer letter now letting me join what to do
- Share on Grandfathers Property
- Can I ask for transfer of a pending criminal case to another state?
- Can i file a case of harassment against my Bank