quesWant to know about the legal heir of father's property

I have an issue related to my fathers property.We are only three sisters no brother.In which my two sisters are married but i am still unmarried. So who will be the legal heir of my father's property after him?

  • ansAll three of you will have equal right in your fathers property as per the 2005 Amendment in the Hindu Succession Act. However, if the property is self-acquired property of your father, he can choose to dispose it off in a will according to his wishes.

    Advocate Mishika Singh

      Lajpat Nagar 1, Delhi

  • ansMadam, in case your father's property is self acquired and he leaves a will the property will be dealt with as provided in the will but if he does not leave a will then the property will devolve on all the legal heirs equally

    Advocate Rajat Joseph

      Nizamuddin East, Delhi

  • ansDear Madam,

    All three sisters are equally entitled to the share in the property. If mother is alive after your father's death them she also will get a share in property.

    For example is the property is worth 100 rupees and your are just the sister each sister will 33.33 but if you have a mother also each one gets 25 rupees each

    All this is possible if your possible dies without making a will in favor of any one.

    Advocate Sonia Saini

      Dwarka, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

after mother death who is the legal power of property (father) ? we are 2…
dear sir, my name is nihal ranjan, i am hindu by religion , the head…
We are 4 siblings,2 sisters and 1 elder brother.My mothers flat in a co operative…
My grand mother wrote some property to my sister. Later that she has taking bank…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly