quesWant to know about the legal heir of father's property

I have an issue related to my fathers property.We are only three sisters no brother.In which my two sisters are married but i am still unmarried. So who will be the legal heir of my father's property after him?

• ansAll three of you will have equal right in your fathers property as per the 2005 Amendment in the Hindu Succession Act. However, if the property is self-acquired property of your father, he can choose to dispose it off in a will according to his wishes.

Advocate Mishika Singh

• ansMadam, in case your father's property is self acquired and he leaves a will the property will be dealt with as provided in the will but if he does not leave a will then the property will devolve on all the legal heirs equally

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansDear Madam,

All three sisters are equally entitled to the share in the property. If mother is alive after your father's death them she also will get a share in property.

For example is the property is worth 100 rupees and your are just the sister each sister will 33.33 but if you have a mother also each one gets 25 rupees each

All this is possible if your possible dies without making a will in favor of any one.

Advocate Sonia Saini