quesSiblings not wiling to divide property bought by father in their name.

Recently my father passed away. My father had bought bought properties in his children name and some in his name. We are in total of 6 siblings. Now How can we divide property all the property (property in father's name and properties in siblings name)? Siblings are not wiling to divide the property bought by father in their name.

  • ans

    If the sibilings are not willing to divide the property, we suggest you to file a suit for partition thereby seeking your share.

    In addition to this, you should also file an application of temporary injunction thereby seeking stay of the property which will restrict your sibling to sell , or make any changes such construction on land


  • ansSir, you will have to file an appropriate suit for partition for division of the various properties and obtain a stay against third party interests being created in the properties and against transfer of the property in favour of any third party. The court will then adjudicate on the partition suit and pass an appropriate partition decree. The present medium constricts a more detailed and elaborate analysis. Thank you

    Advocate Rajat Joseph

      Nizamuddin East, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir wishing u.vill choubara distt Alwar .Last year we exchanged property between my Tau ji…
My grandfather has given the power of attorney of some land out of the whole…

when a plot is purchased from govt. DDA can i know does DDA/ MCD provide…

I had been willing to buy a flat in Rampur and had entered into an…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly