Siblings not wiling to divide property bought by father in their name.
Recently my father passed away. My father had bought bought properties in his children name and some in his name. We are in total of 6 siblings. Now How can we divide property all the property (property in father's name and properties in siblings name)? Siblings are not wiling to divide the property bought by father in their name.
If the sibilings are not willing to divide the property, we suggest you to file a suit for partition thereby seeking your share.
In addition to this, you should also file an application of temporary injunction thereby seeking stay of the property which will restrict your sibling to sell , or make any changes such construction on land
Sir, you will have to file an appropriate suit for partition for division of the various properties and obtain a stay against third party interests being created in the properties and against transfer of the property in favour of any third party. The court will then adjudicate on the partition suit and pass an appropriate partition decree. The present medium constricts a more detailed and elaborate analysis. Thank you
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What are the documents required for marrying a foreigner?
- House promised by employer. After his death her wife want to evict us.
- Using property from 60 years can we get electricity bill in our name
- If husband gets a greencard can he apply for daughter's visa
- Can I file RTI to get my answer sheet in a Private University