×

quesSiblings not wiling to divide property bought by father in their name.

Recently my father passed away. My father had bought bought properties in his children name and some in his name. We are in total of 6 siblings. Now How can we divide property all the property (property in father's name and properties in siblings name)? Siblings are not wiling to divide the property bought by father in their name.

If the sibilings are not willing to divide the property, we suggest you to file a suit for partition thereby seeking your share.

In addition to this, you should also file an application of temporary injunction thereby seeking stay of the property which will restrict your sibling to sell , or make any changes such construction on land

• ansSir, you will have to file an appropriate suit for partition for division of the various properties and obtain a stay against third party interests being created in the properties and against transfer of the property in favour of any third party. The court will then adjudicate on the partition suit and pass an appropriate partition decree. The present medium constricts a more detailed and elaborate analysis. Thank you

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services