×

quesRestoration petition. What is the limitation period?

What is the time limit for a restoration petition from the date of dismissal of a civil suit. What if that time limit is over. Is there any other way for restoration. What is the time limit in the second instance.

The period of limitation for an application to restore a suit or appeal or application for review or revision dismissed for default of appearance or for want of prosecution or for failure to pay costs of service of process or to furnish security for costs is thirty days and the limitation commences from the date of dismissal.

If the suit is attracted by limitation, then you will have to file an application under Section 151 for application for condonation of delay therein specifying the reason for delay. If the said application is allowed, then your application for restoration will be heard