Purchase of property on pagdi system.
My father purchased a property on pagdi system in 1983, 10 years later previous landlord sold the property to the new landlord. Since then the new landlord does not accept rent and has been harassing us. He will not let us carry out any repairs too. What is the law regarding repair works? This being a ground floor house it had an existing extension when we purchased it, the landlord claims it to be illegal too, what is the law for this? he does not have any evidence apart from the map no pictures etc of vacant area. Kindly advice.
You should contact a local lawyer. Show him/her the papers wherein you purchased the property on pagdi. It appears landlord wants to evict you hence is not accepting rent nor permitting you to carry out repairs . you can move court and deposit rent arrears in court and obtain permission for carrying out repairs.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want to sell DDA property in my deceased father's name
- POA validity in case of death and the use of it after death of giver
- Transfer of property without consideration
- On what grounds I can file for divorce?
- What is the difference between a company and a firm?