quesPurchase of property on pagdi system.

My father purchased a property on pagdi system in 1983, 10 years later previous landlord sold the property to the new landlord. Since then the new landlord does not accept rent and has been harassing us. He will not let us carry out any repairs too. What is the law regarding repair works? This being a ground floor house it had an existing extension when we purchased it, the landlord claims it to be illegal too, what is the law for this? he does not have any evidence apart from the map no pictures etc of vacant area. Kindly advice.

  • ansYou should contact a local lawyer. Show him/her the papers wherein you purchased the property on pagdi. It appears landlord wants to evict you hence is not accepting rent nor permitting you to carry out repairs . you can move court and deposit rent arrears in court and obtain permission for carrying out repairs.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am purchased apartment house on 2011 from Mr.X and MR.Y (X purchased on 2002…
I purchased bank mortgage property now drt court given notice to vacate the property .what…
Can we purchase a house and get it registered in two names (Brother and Sister)…
property is in my father's name he died my mother is alive can my one…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly