quesPrevent fraud of selling inherited property by other family members

I have a share in inherited property but currently those properties are registered in my father's name and my 3 uncles' name. My father is no more and we're 7 siblings. Similarly, my 3 uncles have altogether 9 siblings. So, the property would be divided among all. At the moment it is decided that we go for 'Namantaran' of those properties put the name of all these shareholder. Once 'NAMANTARAN' is done, how can I make sure that they do not sell property without my consent or knowledge? Is there any way to prevent the fraud (in future) of selling the property and not giving me my share? Thanks.

• ansOnce your names are added in the property card or namantaran, your other co-shares cannot sell the property without your consent or sign, you have to make sure as per your share the undivided share of the property is mentioned in the property card or mutation in public records of the area municipal corporation also.

Even if the other co-sharer sell your property or your share the said transaction would be void in the eyes of the law and you can claim the cancellation of the same.

• ansOnce your names are added in the property card or namantaran,you other co-shares cannot sell the property without your consent or sign,you have to make sure as per your share the undivided share of the property is mentioned in the property card or mutation in public records of the area municipal corporation also. Even if the other co-sharer buys your property or your share the said transaction would be void in the eyes of the law and you can claim the cancellation of the same.

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi