father bought property for son.can sister claim?
Hi All, My father purchased a property from his money (received post his retirement). Instead of making property document on his name..he made me owner and bought/registered home on my name( all the property paper is on my name). For last 20 year I have been taking care of this home(paying all tax bills etc). Can my sister claim for this property? This property is not inherited not family owned but bought by my father from his earn retirement fund and named after me on very first day.there is also no will present as this property never transferred nor registered to any one else. Can sisters claim share?
your sister can claim from the said property as there is no "Will" but legally she can not win as she has no rights,title in the said property.but to be on safer side you can apply for successin certificate which will safeguard all your interest.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
Yes, they can claim share as the property was bought by your Father though in your name.
As far as your sister is concerned, this become ancestral property as the property was purchased by Father and from his retirement fund.
Whether and if the Court will grant share to your sister depends on many factors and circumstances of your case.
So, you will have to decide what you want to do?
It will be better if you consult Advocate for proper understanding of your case and then to suggest the best and suitable course of actin for you.
Hope this helps !
Advocate Namitabh KothariFort, Mumbai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Unable to prove grounds for divorce can i still get divorce
- PF Transferred to Unknown Account. What action can i take now?
- What is the jurisdiction to file a consumer case
- Is there limit to the number of companies i could register in my name?
- Opposite party misplaced cheque asking to issue another is it safe