quesdelayed registration of sale deed

I had purchased a property in govt. auction. The sale deed was executed by S.D.M., Tehsildar and one of the trustee. This sale deed was executed in the year 1990 and was duly stamped. A copy was also sent to Sub registrar for necessary action. When I got to inspect the records of sub registrar for the year 1990 I found no registration of the captioned property. The document is compulsorily registrable document u/s 17. Can it be registered now. Pl explain the procedure.

• ansThe document can be registered now.
    The additional charges will have to be paid along with penalty .
    But first try to find it why it was not registered. Might be possible that it is lying there under defective document register.
    This will save your additional charges.

Regards

Advocate Anurag Gupta

Bagh Farzana, Agra