quesdelayed registration of sale deed

I had purchased a property in govt. auction. The sale deed was executed by S.D.M., Tehsildar and one of the trustee. This sale deed was executed in the year 1990 and was duly stamped. A copy was also sent to Sub registrar for necessary action. When I got to inspect the records of sub registrar for the year 1990 I found no registration of the captioned property. The document is compulsorily registrable document u/s 17. Can it be registered now. Pl explain the procedure.

  • ansThe document can be registered now.
    The additional charges will have to be paid along with penalty .
    But first try to find it why it was not registered. Might be possible that it is lying there under defective document register.
    This will save your additional charges.


    Advocate Anurag Gupta

      Bagh Farzana, Agra

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

what is the process of the ask maintance slip to the co-operative society and if…

Were hv a family 4 brothers n 2 sisiters Father own some acres of land…
Sir.. Thank-you for the patience to read my mail. I have a dout regarding the…
Dear Sir/Madam, What is the legality involved in builder maintenance charges for a commercial property…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly