quesCan parking be sold by builders?

as i am planning to by an apartment by builder, in Noida UP to be completed by Oct 2014 i want your prudent opinion about this issue, In fact there was an article in "Financial times New Delhi Thursday , January 09, 2014 ,on the basis of which i am seeking your advice. The article on page 2 goes as under:- Parking-Do'nt be taken for a ride by the developer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- According to High court advocate Ravi Goenka -car parking and open terraces are part of the society's common area.They are not part of floor space index allotted to the developer. Hence he has no right to charge any money for this space. Developer can only sell this space, if they can prove that they have used the FSI allotted to them to develop it. The legal precedence comes from a 2010 supreme Court ruling ,which stated that buyers need not to pay extra money to parking spaces,either open or closed, from property developers. The judgement delivered by Justices R M Lodha and A K Patnaik rejected the real estate development firm Nahal chand Lalu Chand's argument that that they were entitled to sell garages and stilt parking areas separately. According to the ruling , "stilt parking spaces do not cease to be a part of the common area and facilities merely because the promoter has not described them as such in the agreement with the flat purchaser. The promoter has no right to sell any portion of the building which is not a flat." However the seller's Manager says this is Not applicable in Noida. you have to buy it

  • ansBuilder cannot sell the parking place as it is a part of common area which has to be used commonly by all the flat owners.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father has 300 yards of land of his own earnings, in which he given…
If mother will die during job period then the money given by the health department…
Booked  flat on 2008 and still not ready. Can I demand my money back from…
Hello... My mother had purchased a land in gaya bihar in the year 1976. Mutation…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly