Can parking be sold by builders?
as i am planning to by an apartment by builder, in Noida UP to be completed by Oct 2014 i want your prudent opinion about this issue, In fact there was an article in "Financial times New Delhi Thursday , January 09, 2014 ,on the basis of which i am seeking your advice. The article on page 2 goes as under:- Parking-Do'nt be taken for a ride by the developer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- According to High court advocate Ravi Goenka -car parking and open terraces are part of the society's common area.They are not part of floor space index allotted to the developer. Hence he has no right to charge any money for this space. Developer can only sell this space, if they can prove that they have used the FSI allotted to them to develop it. The legal precedence comes from a 2010 supreme Court ruling ,which stated that buyers need not to pay extra money to parking spaces,either open or closed, from property developers. The judgement delivered by Justices R M Lodha and A K Patnaik rejected the real estate development firm Nahal chand Lalu Chand's argument that that they were entitled to sell garages and stilt parking areas separately. According to the ruling , "stilt parking spaces do not cease to be a part of the common area and facilities merely because the promoter has not described them as such in the agreement with the flat purchaser. The promoter has no right to sell any portion of the building which is not a flat." However the seller's Manager says this is Not applicable in Noida. you have to buy it
Builder cannot sell the parking place as it is a part of common area which has to be used commonly by all the flat owners.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Employer not paying one and a half month salary What action can I take
- Documents required to open a hookah bar?
- Defective laptop no resolution by company how can I claim refund
- Company did not provide the service for which i paid. What can i do?
- Company down sizing. Asking employees to leave. Can i ask compensation