quesBrother trying to take over the house. He did not pay single house tax

Sir,my dad is paying house tax since 1985 til now but my dad's brother has stayed in the same house for 15 years as my dad was an employee in agency he left house for his brother.now dad came to his own house after retirement n brother has given house but now he kept a case as he has a share in the house based on plan approval.he didn't even gave a rupee for construction of the house.is plan approval is more important than house tax?please give reply.

• ansHi sir/madam, if the said property is self acquired property of your father, there is no necessity to give share your father's brother. Your father's brother (uncle) should establish his contribution to purchase the said property as well as to construct the house on the said land, at that time only he will get his share on the basis of joint property rights.

Advocate Chandrashekhar Vithal Jadhav

Kamakshipalya, Bangalore

• ansthe house on which the house is built belongs to whom, why has your father been paying the house tax since 1985, is your father brother un-employed or is he employed and having an income, where has the case been filed and what is the relief sought for in the said civil suit, has your father constructed the house out of his own earnings if so does he have valid receipts for the same.

Advocate Kiran N Murthy

Indiranagar, Bangalore