quesBrother trying to take over the house. He did not pay single house tax

Sir,my dad is paying house tax since 1985 til now but my dad's brother has stayed in the same house for 15 years as my dad was an employee in agency he left house for his brother.now dad came to his own house after retirement n brother has given house but now he kept a case as he has a share in the house based on plan approval.he didn't even gave a rupee for construction of the house.is plan approval is more important than house tax?please give reply.

  • ansHi sir/madam, if the said property is self acquired property of your father, there is no necessity to give share your father's brother. Your father's brother (uncle) should establish his contribution to purchase the said property as well as to construct the house on the said land, at that time only he will get his share on the basis of joint property rights.

    Advocate Chandrashekhar Vithal Jadhav

      Kamakshipalya, Bangalore

  • ansthe house on which the house is built belongs to whom, why has your father been paying the house tax since 1985, is your father brother un-employed or is he employed and having an income, where has the case been filed and what is the relief sought for in the said civil suit, has your father constructed the house out of his own earnings if so does he have valid receipts for the same.

    Advocate Kiran N Murthy

      Indiranagar, Bangalore

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

What documents or precautions to be taken for mortgaging the HUF property [Hindu Undivided Family]

we are 4 brothers. my mother and father are alive. they do not have a…

Does a woman enjoys equal share in the property? I read that in 2005 there…
We had an inherit property from our father at the time of redevelopment our father…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly