Tricked into signing a rent agreement. How to avoid such agreement?
My father who is illiterate had given our land on rent for Rs. 8000 per bhighaa in 2006 to a businessman who is running a bricks construction firm over there (in hindi into ka bhatta). At that time the agreement was planned up to 2012.
But since my father was illiterate and quiet aged, they cheated and had made it up to 2020 on same rate. Here the rate has climbed up to 14000. So please suggest me some way to get my land released from them or to update my new rent agreement.
We will have to examine the terms of the rent agreement. In the rent agreement, there is always an option to terminate the agreement, which means that you can end the rent agreement by giving some notice.
However, we need to check the same in your rent agreement.
We suggest that you should consult a lawyer and get the rent agreement examined and accordingly, send a notice for the termination of the same.
Also, if the tenants refuse to leave your premises you can file a suit for eviction.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the process for transfer of property through gift deed
- How can I prove in court that I am receiving threat from someone
- Clarification on Section 13(3A) of SARFAESI Act
- Act and regulation applicable for bedekhal from property
- What action can student take in case of physical violence by teacher