Tricked into signing a rent agreement. How to avoid such agreement?

My father who is illiterate had given our land on rent for Rs. 8000 per bhighaa in 2006 to a businessman who is running a bricks construction firm over there (in hindi into ka bhatta). At that time the agreement was planned up to 2012.


But since my father was illiterate and quiet aged, they cheated and had made it up to 2020 on same rate. Here the rate has climbed up to 14000. So please suggest me some way to get my land released from them or to update my new rent agreement.




We will have to examine the terms of the rent agreement. In the rent agreement, there is always an option to terminate the agreement, which means that you can end the rent agreement by giving some notice. 


However, we need to check the same in your rent agreement.


We suggest that you should consult a lawyer and get the rent agreement examined and accordingly, send a notice for the termination of the same.


Also, if the tenants refuse to leave your premises you can file a suit for eviction.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Lease Agreement Drafting - Commercial Property

4.7 | 188 ratings
30 Min Into call + Start to finish help - Commercial Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Registration of Lease Agreement

4.4 | 102 ratings
Registration of lease agreement through a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Refund of Security

4.8 | 389 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Residential Property

4.6 | 132 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Residential Lease review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Tenant Eviction

4.6 | 361 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Commercial Property

4.4 | 152 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Commercial Lease review by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Landlord / Tenant Advice Session by Phone

4.7 | 498 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your landlord / tenant issue
Lease - Residential Property

4.8 | 271 ratings
Residential Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

We have a l tobacco gutka selling tenant for last 15 years, who has put up a shop on planks outside our house. He is also mentally unstable, aggressiv…

Read More

Under leave and license agreement rent date is 7th whereas tenant gave me cheque of 23rd jan16. His past cheques getting bounced. My agreement ends on…

Read More

Making house rent agreement is whose responsibility ? borrower or owner ? I have an agreement on 2013 and it was written on renewal of agreement on ev…

Read More

The tenant of my premises has not been living in the premises, but has kept his belongings, locked and has left without any information to me. His whe…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue