quesTenant not vacating the property.

I have my own flat here in South Mumbai which I had given for rent in June 2012 but from January 2013 my tenant start delaying in giving a rent than on September 2013 I had given a written notice to them to vacant a flat within 1 month but till today, he has not vacating nor giving any date to be vacant and after having several reminder to them now they are saying we are not going to vacant your flat do as you can do. Also be informed that the Agreement/Lease for the flat too expired in April 2014. Kindly advise what to do.

• ansSince this type of problem is very common, hope you have made proper leave license agreement taking care of all legal aspects. Now, file an eviction suit against him on appropriate grounds based on the said agreement.