Tenant not vacating the property.
I have my own flat here in South Mumbai which I had given for rent in June 2012 but from January 2013 my tenant start delaying in giving a rent than on September 2013 I had given a written notice to them to vacant a flat within 1 month but till today, he has not vacating nor giving any date to be vacant and after having several reminder to them now they are saying we are not going to vacant your flat do as you can do. Also be informed that the Agreement/Lease for the flat too expired in April 2014. Kindly advise what to do.
Since this type of problem is very common, hope you have made proper leave license agreement taking care of all legal aspects. Now, file an eviction suit against him on appropriate grounds based on the said agreement.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure to purchase a land through property dealer
- Gave car to a friend in return of some amount ownership not transfered
- What are public trusts and private trusts?
- Agreed to sell land did not show interest sold to someone else
- Partnership dissolved cheque issue was bounced who will be liable