quesRisk of tenant not vacating house after agreement

If we give our house after having a registered rent agreement are there any chances of him not vacating the house? In case the case goes to the court , does the tenant have to deposit the rent in court?

  • ansIf the tenant refuses to vacate the leased property even after the expiry of the lease, the rent agreement will be upheld. The rights of landlord and tenant will be governed by the rent agreement.

    If the tenant refuses to vacate after the expiry of the lease then you may move to the court and obtain an order of eviction against him.

    The rent will have to be paid by the tenant in the court once it is assessed by the court. Failure to comply with the order of paying the rent will invite immediate eviction.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Sir, , Residing at Byculla. I live in a building which is pagdi system…
One of a shop in our house given on rent by my grandfather before almost…

I have rented a shop 10 years ago and now the tenant refuses to increase…

i have flat in mumbai under pagdi system and want to sale and transfer to…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Meena Shastri

  Koni Road
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar

  Chhatrapati Square
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly