×

quesRisk of tenant not vacating house after agreement

If we give our house after having a registered rent agreement are there any chances of him not vacating the house? In case the case goes to the court , does the tenant have to deposit the rent in court?

• ansIf the tenant refuses to vacate the leased property even after the expiry of the lease, the rent agreement will be upheld. The rights of landlord and tenant will be governed by the rent agreement.

If the tenant refuses to vacate after the expiry of the lease then you may move to the court and obtain an order of eviction against him.

The rent will have to be paid by the tenant in the court once it is assessed by the court. Failure to comply with the order of paying the rent will invite immediate eviction.