Landlord physically abusive. Took away my stuff from rented house.
My landlord is very abusive physically and verbally as well. He recently hit me really hard due to which i am unable to hear from my left ear. I lodged a FIR against him still no action was taken by them. Police only provided me half an hour to clear my stuff from the rented house due to which much stuff was left behind, thereafter landlord broke the lock and took away all my things. He also gave me cheque for security refund which also bounced. Now is giving me life threats, what should i do?
First of all we suggest you to give a reminder to the police complaint and also update the facts that the landlord is giving you life threats. In case they fail to investigate the matter, we suggest you file a complaint before Magistrate Under Section 200 read with Section 156 of Criminal Procedure Code.
Further, you can also move to rent controller make an application of illegal eviction by your landlord.
With regard to cheque bounce, please send him a legal notice under Section 138 Negotiable Instrument Act, if they fail to reply then file a criminal complaint.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Already having H1B visa can i apply for B1 visa again?
- Husband's brother's sold father's property and not giving share
- Property rights of adopted child.
- In laws thrown me out of marital house can I file for maintenance case
- can I get legal aid if I cannot afford a lawyer