Landlord physically abusive. Took away my stuff from rented house.

My landlord is very abusive physically and verbally as well. He recently hit me really hard due to which i am unable to hear from my left ear. I lodged a FIR against him still no action was taken by them. Police only provided me half an hour to clear my stuff from the rented house due to which much stuff was left behind, thereafter landlord broke the lock and took away all my things. He also gave me cheque for security refund which also bounced. Now is giving me life threats, what should i do?

Answers (1)

249 votes

First of all we suggest you to give a reminder to the police complaint and also update the facts that the landlord is giving you life threats. In case they fail to investigate the matter, we suggest you file a complaint before Magistrate Under Section 200 read with Section 156 of Criminal Procedure Code.

Further, you can also move to rent controller make an application of illegal eviction by your landlord.

With regard to cheque bounce, please send him a legal notice under Section 138 Negotiable Instrument Act, if they fail to reply then file a criminal complaint.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."